We accept children who will benefit from the school’s strong academic programme and nurturing environment; and contribute to the community spirit. Students are admitted to the appropriate class in September each year depending on their age group and academic performance.
The number of students per teacher is sixteen (16). If there are more applications than places available, the Management will decide based on the following considerations:
- Children living closest to the school.
- Children whose parent is a qualified teacher in the school.
- The exceptional educational, medical, or social needs of the child. In exercising judgement on this, the Management will consider the child’s cognitive, physical, and linguistic needs, as well as family circumstances.
- To siblings of children already on the roll.
Admission requirements and procedures
Application – Admission starts on 1st May and ends on 30th July every year. Application form is available online for completion by applicants.
In determining admission, the personal qualities, developmental readiness, academic aptitude, and individual needs of each applicant are taken into consideration. Every child would be assessed in Mathematics and English language on a given date to determine the appropriate class to place the prospective student.
Students with learning disabilities
Students with learning disabilities may be admitted when parents agree to appropriate accommodations. Accommodations could include outside tutoring at the cost of the parent or in class support with an instructional aide provided by the parent. A student’s behaviour or work must not strain classroom resources or detract educational experience of other children.
Parents of children who meet the admission criteria would be informed in writing stating:
- the class of the child;
- school number;
- admission fee;
- academic term fee;
- other applicable fees; and
- other important announcements.
Payment of Admission fees
Upon receipt of admission offer letter, the admission and academic term fees must be paid promptly, not later than the given deadline. Failure to do so, management will be obliged to give the slot to the person on waiting list.
We value a diverse student body and does not discriminate based on age, race, colour, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, economic or social circumstances, or other characters protected by applicable laws of Ghana
2022/23 Admission Timelines
- Start date for online application – 15th April 2022
- Closing date for online application – 28th July 2022
- Admission assessment date for prospective applicants– 30th July 2022
- Issuing of offer letters to prospective students – 5th August 2022
- Confirmation of admission offer by applicants – 15th August 2022
- Payment of admission and academic fees – 30th August 2022
- School reopens – 19th September 2022